Jrco Inc. is a manufacturer of commercial lawnmower implements. Their product line includes everything from aerators to spreaders and more. They have a patented universal mount bar which allows for quick coupling to all major types of commercial mowers.
Engagement: This project included a complete redesign and rebuild of www.JrcoInc.com. Services included strategies, planning, design and programming.
Our high level goals included
- Refresh and enhance user interface
- Modernize the programming technologies
- Make tablet friendly / Remove flash modules
- Remove dependency on SQL Server
- Allow for product and content data management
- Improve organic search optimization
- Add and then measure a more prominent CTA
- An evolved interface with larger imagery, clearer focus, and improved usability.
- moving up in size from 800×600 to a 970 grid
- cleaner typography using web fonts
- product imagery added to drop-down menus
- Custom JQuery used to display media galleries (replacing existing Flash)
- Collapsible CTA added to each product page.
- Carousel design pattern used to showcase multiple, large size images and video.
- A retooled back-end built on Microsoft .Net technology.
- C#.NET code-base
- product data stored as XML for
- Google Spreadsheet used store and maintain fit-list data
- Captcha form validation added
- Video leverages YouTube API